Saturday 27 May 2006

No rest for the weary

We made it to Minneapolis very early this morning. After sleeping for a few hours, we got up and hit the town. This consisted of going to the Mall of America in the morning and a cookout in the afternoon / evening.

At the Mall of America we went to the Lego™ store, rode some of the rides, and bought too much stuff at IKEA. I will write more detail later, when I am not so tired.

Corwin and Charles wait by the carosel

Posted by Dad about Family at 21:18 | Ping URL
Comments

did you go on the snoopy rollercoaster? I loved that thing!

Posted by: Karyla (Bix's mom) on 30 May 2006 at 09:34

No, I don’t think we did that one. I don’t remember seeing it. Charles liked the truck ride and the small train roller coaster. We had some problems getting Charles to go on rides because that meant putting down his Legos™.

Posted by: Dad on 30 May 2006 at 11:48

It has been years since I’ve been there, and when I looked at the website it seems the park is no longer snoopy themed… I’m sure the rollercoaster is similar, though. Man, legos are all over our house, too…although Bix mostly seems to want to put them in his mouth rather than build with them. The Zoobs, though, those he builds stuff with! :)

Posted by: Karyla on 30 May 2006 at 12:25

I thought it was a Peanut’s themed park too. Must have re-themed it to a northwest woods theme somewhere along the way.

Corwin and Alan did the basic roller coaster. Corwin had mentioned wanting to ride a roller coaster a few weeks back (specifically at some amusement park in California). So this was a good coaster introduction. There was also a more advanced roller coaster where the car spun in addition to coasting. We avoided that one. Corwin’s favorite ride was the log flume. He did that 2 or 3 times.

I was grounded with Alice. At one point she was interested in going on the caurosel. We stood in line while I tried to keep her calm about not being able to get on the ride immediately. But once we got on the ride, she declared that all the horses were too big and had to be removed.

Posted by: Mom on 30 May 2006 at 13:51

Don’t you just LOVE it when they change their minds! So much fun! Glad that you had fun and hope you aren’t too broke from the Lego store.

Posted by: Karyla on 30 May 2006 at 16:24